The ePsychology Interest Group invites submissions for the ePsychology Interest Group Student Research Prize.
The ePsychology Interest Group Student Research Prize encourages research on the use of psychological e-health strategies to support self-management to promote wellbeing, or address disorders or behavioural risks.
- The ePsychology Interest Group is responsible for administering the Award and for funding of the Award.
- The Interest Group will appoint a selection committee of at least three (3) members of the Interest Group to be responsible for selecting an appropriate Award winner.
- The Award will be presented at the conference of the Interest Group, or in the case where there is no Interest Group conference for that year, at the APS Annual Conference.
- Nominees must have completed an APAC accredited Honours or Postgraduate program within the previous 2 years
- Nominees must have undertaken research on the use of psychological e-health strategies to support self-management to promote wellbeing, or address disorders or behavioural risks. The intervention should primarily be via an electronic device. Studies focused only on electronic health records or other administrative functions will not be eligible for consideration.
- A call for nominations will be made annually in the June edition of InPsych.
- Candidates may nominate themselves or be nominated by their supervisor or their tertiary institution unit.
- Nominations are made by submitting a copy of the abstract for the research report or thesis.
- Shortlisted nominees will be requested to submit a copy of the research report or thesis for a detailed review.
Consideration would be given to the quality of the methodology and degree of significance of the research, and to the quality of the associated report.
Value of the award
Successful candidates for the ePsychology Interest Group Student Research Prize will:
- receive an award of $1,000;
- be presented with a certificate; and
- be offered complimentary registration to attend the next conference of the Interest Group, or complimentary registration to attend the APS Annual Conference if not Interest Group conference is being held.
Nominations close on 31st October, 2014.
Member Group Administrator
Tel: 03 8662 3300
||Louise Farrer for her thesis,
“Evaluating the feasibility and effectiveness of an Internet-based intervention for depression in a telephone counseling setting.”