The Psychology Education Interest Group invites submissions for the Psychology Education Interest Group Resource Prize.
The purpose of this prize is to encourage the development of innovative and effective teaching practices and resources.
- The Psychology Education Interest Group is responsible for administering the Award and for funding of the Award.
- The National Committee for the Psychology Education Interest Group will appoint a selection committee of at least three (3) members of the Psychology Education Interest Group to be responsible for selecting an appropriate Award winner.
- Once the winner have been approved by the Board, the Award will be presented at the Annual Conference of the Australian Psychological Society.
- Nominees must be current subscribers of the Psychology Education Interest Group.
- Nominees are to be nominated for a resource which is accessible on the Psychology Education Interest Group website, and has not previously been awarded the prize.
- A call for nominations for the Psychology Education Interest Group Resource Prize will be made annually in the June edition of InPsych.
- Nominees may nominate themselves or be nominated by another subscriber of the Interest Group.
In judging nominations for the Psychology Education Resource Prize, the selection committee will have regard to:
- the degree to which the resource is innovative;
- the degree to which the resource would be likely to improve teaching practices following its adoption;
- the degree to which the resource reflects best practice; and
- the degree to which the resource enables dissemination to occur.
Value of the award
The successful candidate for the Psychology Education Interest Group Resource Prize will:
- receive a cheque for $500.00;
- receive a certificate; and
- be invited to submit an abstract for consideration by the Conference Scientific Committee to present at the APS Annual Conference a paper relating to their resource development in one of the Psychology Education Interest Group-related symposia.
Nominations close on 31 October 2014.
Member Group Administrator
Tel: 03 8662 3300
Changing thinking, changing people, a practical 20 week course aimed at year 8 secondary school students