Mindfulness & Positive Psychology Integrated CBT
|Description||Integral Vision Australia's Mindfulness and Positive Psychology Integrated CBT workshop presents a sophisticated integration of Mindfulness skills, Positive Psychology knowledge and techniques and essential principles of Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy.
Through this full day workshop, emphasis is on the teaching of current knowledge and skills. You will be provided with practical and effective CBT, Mindfulness and Positive Psychology techniques within a coherent, integrated framework.
Miguel's warmth, passion, vast array of experience, combined with his genuine interest and knowledge in this area, will ensure you are armed with the practical skills and up-to-date research to successfully apply Mindfulness and Positive Psychology within the CBT model to your therapy.
Client handouts will be provided to you for the unrestricted use with your clients. Given the amount of content covered on the day, a basic understanding of Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy is recommended.
Topics covered on the day:
- Introduction to Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- CBT strengths & shortcomings
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy and its strengthening of CBT
- Mindfulness contribution to the Cognitive component of CBT
- Mindfulness contribution to the Behavioural component of CBT
- The effective teaching of Mindfulness Practice
- An introduction to Positive Psychology
- The role of Positive Psychology alongside CBT and Mindfulness in Counselling and Therapy
- PP contribution to the Cognitive component of CBT
- PP contribution to the Behavioural component of CBT
- Positive Psychology knowledge and techniques including working with positive emotions; flow, gratitude, forgiveness, strengths and hope in session and homework
Tell me more
[APS Institute CPD]
|Location||QLD Regional, Australia|
|Venue||The Sebel Cairns
27 Abbott Street, Cairns
Please contact the event organiser to confirm if this venue is wheelchair accessible
|Start/End Date||24 Oct 2012|
|Time||9am - 4:30pm|
|Cost||$265 (including GST)|
|Notes||Cost includes the workshop, tea and coffee, materials and handouts|
|Organiser||Integral Vision Australia|
|Contact Name||Stephen Whittaker|
|Telephone||03 9894 1377|
|Fax||03 9877 3335|