Child counselling is an increasing part of professional practice. Robert’s 2 day Play Therapy Workshop will expose participants to the fundamentals of this important approach to therapy with children as well as provide an opportunity to learn and refine skills for working with children. The workshop will pay particular attention to the difficulties of traumatised children and how Play Therapy can support them.
This effective form of therapy for children aged 3 to 10 years of age fosters the innate potential of the child and encourages development and emotional growth of the child.
The workshop offers participants an opportunity to learn about Play Therapy theory and practice and how these skills can be integrated with other approaches to counselling with children. The workshop includes theoretical and experiential components as well as DVD tapes of master practitioners.
The workshop will cover:
• History and Principles of Play Therapy
• Traumatic events and its impact on children
• Developmental Interview and Child Observations
• Setting up a therapeutic play room
• Language in Play Therapy
• Transference, counter-transference and termination in the work with children
In completion of the workshop participants will be have:
- Learnt the principles of interviewing parents and obtaining developmental information
- Know how to equip a play therapy room and create a therapeutic and safe environment
- Understand how trauma affects children
- Use Play Therapy techniques and skills to support children
Not an APS member? Join now
Robert Takac is a Counselling Psychologist with over 25 years of experience. He works in both public and private practice providing therapy to children, adults, and families.
Robert is a highly regarded trainer and provides workshops both locally and in Singapore in a range of areas, particularly related to clinical work with children. Robert teaches a 9 month course on Play Therapy and also provides individual and group supervision.
Please contact us or the venue regarding accessibility.
9:30am – 4pm (registration at 9am)