Perinatal Non-Directive Counselling is an online training program for health professionals working with women who have any personal concerns about a current or recent pregnancy, whether it has been full-term or part-term (including a planned termination).
The training program includes a range of online learning materials, including case studies, learning activities, relevant readings, and multiple-choice assessments. Successful completion of this training program will meet the mandatory requirements of eligible Psychologists and Social Workers to offer services under the Pregnancy Support Medicare items (MBS item numbers 81000 and 81005).
More information about this Medicare Pregnancy Support Counselling service can be found by clicking here.
- Section A Training Module: Review of non-directive counselling skills
- Section B Training Module: Pregnancy-related counselling issues
- Section C Training Module: Pregnancy-related information resources
- Three self-paced learning modules
- Each topic includes printable briefing papers, case studies, interactive activities, readings, and other relevant resources to enable you to demonstrate active learning in your annual CPD portfolio
- Participants must successfully complete an online assessment for modules B and C in order to pass the course
- Certificate of completion.
Please note: this course is an updated version of the Mandatory training in non-directive pregnancy support counselling course. The course was updated 23 March 2012 and is now called Perinatal Non-Directive Counselling Training. If you completed the original course before 23 March 2012 please do not register for this course. When you login to the APS website the course may be marked as 'Not enrolled', please ignore this and do not register. APS has recorded that you have completed the original course.
What do you need to access this CPD?