Student-related questions

  • I am applying as a Student Subscriber but I live in rural Victoria. Do I need to complete the verification section of the application form or can I just submit a current enrolment document with the application form?

    If you are not able to have the verification section of the application form completed due to your location or because you are enrolled in a Distance Education accredited course, you can submit an electronic copy of your current enrolment of the psychology course with your application. You still need to be currently enrolled in a psychology course accredited by the Australian Psychology Accreditation Council (APAC).

  • Can I be a Student Subscriber and obtain Aon professional indemnity insurance?

    No. A Student Subscriber of the Society cannnot obtain Aon professional indemnity insurance. Only members who hold the grade of Associate Member, Member, Fellow or Honorary Fellow are entitled to access professional indemnity insurance with Aon.

APAC-related questions

  • What is APAC?

    The Australian Psychology Accreditation Council (APAC) sets the standards for accreditation of Australian psychology programs.

  • Are my qualifications APAC-accredited?

    To determine whether your qualifications are APAC-accredited, please go to the APAC website:

  • I completed an APAC-accredited Bachelor of Science degree, but my completed fourth year of study in psychology was not APAC-accredited. Can I still join the APS?

    Yes. You may join as an Affiliate. 

    Alternatively, if you hold full, unconditional and current registration as a psychologist with the Psychology Board of Australia, you may apply for the grade of Associate Member.