The APS Find a Psychologist service provides a referral to help you find a psychologist to suit your needs. Referrals are drawn from our database of more than 2,400 APS registered psychologists around Australia, covering every state and territory.
We provide an online search, a telephone service and an email referral service to the general public, GPs and other health professionals who are seeking the advice and assistance of a qualified and suitable APS psychologist in private practice.
Psychologists listed in this Find a Psychologist database have paid an annual fee to participate.
All psychologists listed are fully registered and either: Associate Members, Members, Fellows or Honorary Fellows of the Australian Psychological Society.
Please note: Psychologists listed on this Find a Psychologist Service do NOT want to receive unsolicited commercial electronic messages. Any psychologist receiving such a message is advised to forward that message to email@example.com as a spam complaint. Further information about lodging complaints with the Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) can be found here
||1800 333 497 outside Melbourne
03 8662 3300 in Melbourne
When you call, please:
- Briefly explain the type of psychological service you need to help us search for a suitable psychologist.
- Specify if you require a psychologist who speaks languages other than English. Languages offered include Arabic, Cantonese, Greek, Italian, Mandarin, and many others.
- Name your preferred location for the service.
The APS will:
- Conduct a search matching the help you are seeking, which takes a couple of minutes.
- Provide details of three psychologists close to your specified location.
The APS will not:
- Answer specific questions regarding an individual’s personal issues.
- Suggest specific treatments, clinical diagnosis or a psychological opinion.
Information to include in your email request:
- The type of person or client seeking the service according to the following categories: infant, pre-school, child, adolescent, adult, older adult, family or organisation.
- The issue(s) you want to address.
- Your preferred location for the service, including the suburb/town, state/territory and postcode.
- Anything else that is important about your request.
You will receive a reply usually on the same day, during normal business hours.
Bilingual psychologists are also listed. Languages offered include Arabic, Cantonese, Greek, Italian, Mandarin, and many others. To find a psychologist who speaks a language other than English do an initial search and in the search results look in the 'Refine results' section on the left where languages are listed.
Services psychologists can offer you
Psychologists practice in a range of different areas and workplaces. The most commonly known are counselling or clinical psychologist, who you might consult about personal or relationship issues. However, psychologists also practice in organisational settings, education, community, forensic contexts, sport, health and neuropsychology.
Are you an APS member who would like to join the APS Find a Psychologist Service?
Fully-qualified, independent practitioners who are APS members can increase their clientele by being listed on the APS Find a Psychologist Service.