The APS College of Organisational Psychologists Early Career Award recognises original and significant contributions to knowledge in the field of Industrial or Organisational Psychology, application of Industrial or Organisational psychology techniques and or contributions to the advancement of Organisational Psychology as a profession, in an early career (less than 10 years) member of the College of Organisational Psychologists.
- The Awards are the responsibility of the APS College of Organisational Psychologists.
- The APS College of Organisational Psychologists must appoint a selection committee to be responsible for recommending an appropriate Award recipient to the Board.
- The Early Career Award is offered biennially in each odd year.
- Nominees must have less than 10 years experience working in the field of Organisational Psychology ; and
- Nominees must be members of the APS College of Organisational Psychologists; or
- A team of Organisational Psychologists may be nominated provided that one member of the team is a member of the APS College of Organisational Psychologists.
- Nominations should be addressed to the Chair of the APS College of Organisational Psychologists.
- Candidates may self nominate.
- Nominations should be made in writing and include:
- the nominee‟s acceptance of the nomination;
- a short statement supporting the nomination (200 words);
- the nominee‟s curriculum vitae; and
- the full contact details of two referees.
- In judging nominees for the Award, the selection committee will have regard to a nominee‟s:
- participation in professional activities such as presentations and keynote addresses to industrial and or organisational psychology conferences or similar conferences;
- involvement in raising the profile of industrial and or organisational psychologists in a positive manner;
- holding of office within the Society;
- involvement in Society related or other professional activities (eg the APS College of Organisational Psychologists, the APS Ethics Committee, conference organising committees, course accreditation, registration boards, government lobbying);
- level of achievement in the area of research, teaching and/or practice relevant to somebody within the first 10 years of their career.
- In considering a nominee‟s contribution in the area of research and teaching, additional to the criteria set out in clause (a) in the Judging criteria, the selection committee will have regard to a nominee‟s:
- publications in leading journals including international journals;
- evidence of thought leadership and originality in industrial and or Organisational Psychology;
- provision of outstanding teaching and development of students;
- editorship of journals; and
- contribution to the practice of Organisational Psychology through research and teaching.
- In considering a nominee‟s contribution in the area of practice, additional to the criteria set out in clause (a) in the Judging Criteria, the selection committee will have regard to a nominee‟s:
- reputation for sustained and outstanding success in the provision of industrial and or organisational psychology services including:
- development of innovative products and services which demonstrably improve organisational effectiveness and well being;
- contribution to the enhancement of individual potential and well being;
- contribution to acceptance of psychological concepts and theories in organizations; and
- other successes as appropriate.
- contribution to research and teaching in Organisational Psychology through practice; and
- giving back to the profession of Organisational Psychology eg by sustained commitment to the development of early career psychologists, or by other significant means.
Value of award
Successful candidates for the APS College of Organisational Psychologist‟s Early Career Award will receive an award of not less than $200 adjusted for CPI based upon the amount of the previously granted award, and a certificate.
This award is offered biennial, each odd year.
Nominations close 31 July
Please send nominations to:
APS Member Groups Administrator (Colleges)
Australian Psychological Society
PO Box 38
Flinders Lane Vic 8009
Dr Crissa Sumner-Armstrong