The APS College of Sport and Exercise Psychologists Student Award is intended to acknowledge one student from each of the three Accredited and Approved postgraduate programs in sport and exercise psychology in Australia who have demonstrated the highest levels of a combination of applied skills and academic achievement over the duration of their postgraduate degree.
This Award is established to recognise the significant role that Professor Tony Morris has played in the development of both the research and applied fields of sport and exercise psychology in Australia and overseas, and his significant ongoing contribution to the profession through positions within various national and international sport and exercise psychology professional associations.
- The Awards are the responsibility of the APS College of Sport and Exercise Psychologists.
- The sport and exercise psychology program co-coordinators for each of the eligible Australian Universities nominating a student for the award will determine the selection committee.
- The name of the successful nominee will be forwarded to the Chair of the College.
- Awards may be presented by the Chair of the College at a public forum.
- The Award may be presented to one student per year from each eligible Australian University.
- Nominees must be enrolled in an Accredited and Approved postgraduate program in sport and exercise psychology; or
- Only students who have completed their program requirements between 1 January and 31 December the previous year, as confirmed by the university’s program coordinator, are eligible for consideration in the year of the award.
The Society, through the College, will call for nominations from the university’s program coordinator Accredited and Approved programs each year, prior to January 30.
- In judging nominees for the Award, the selection committee must take into consideration each students‟:
- application of the scientist-practitioner model in coursework and placements;
- completion of a research project reflecting current areas of interest and need in sport and exercise psychology; and
- demonstration of high practice standards during placements.
- Of the students who meet the above criteria, the student in each program with the highest cumulative grade point average (GPA) for the postgraduate program will be nominated for the Award.
Value of the award
Successful candidates for the APS College of Sport and Exercise Psychologists Student Award will receive:
- a certificate of acknowledgement of their achievement; and
- the offer of full registration for attendance at the conference or event at which the College’s next AGM will be held at no cost to the recipient, and upon acceptance of registration, 50% reimbursement of any direct return domestic economy airfare the student must incur in order to attend that conference or event; and
- an invitation to present their research or an application of the scientist-practitioner model at that conference.
Nominations close 31 July 2013
Please send nominations to:
APS College of Sport and Exercise Psychologists Student Award
Member Group Administrator (Colleges)
The Australian Psychological Society
PO Box 38
Flinders Lane Vic 8009
Tel 03 8662 3300