Meet your annual CPD requirements by attending one of the many APS conferences organised each year.
APS Annual Conferences
2016 APS Congress
13 - 16 September 2016
Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre
Advertising and Sponsorship opportunities: Download the PROSPECTUS
Registrations are now open: Click here to register
2016 Workplace Excellence Awards
Tuesday 13 September 2016
The Workplace Excellence Awards celebrate exceptional achievement and innovation in the application of psychological principles in the workplace and recognise best practice in organisational psychology
International Congress of Behavioural Medicine
7-10 December 2016, Melbourne, Victoria
APS College Conferences
There will not be any APS College Conferences held in 2016 as all Colleges are participating in the 2016 APS Congress.
APS College Conferences 2017
2017 APS College of Clinical Psychologists
30 June - 2 July 2017
Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre
This page was last updated 26 May 2016
Student Volunteer Opportunities at Conference
Student Volunteers will play a crucial role in ensuring the success of APS Conferences. Being a Student Volunteer is a great way to network with your fellow students, APS members and APS National Office staff, as well as enjoying complimentary entry to Conference events, including those events dedicated to students in attendance.
This exclusive experience is available to undergraduate and postgraduate (excluding PhD candidates) psychology students, who are enthusiastic and willing to contribute to making APS Conference's a unique experince for all attendees.
All student volunteers are expected to be available to attend theduration of the Conference's, including a compulsory briefing session the day before the Conference begins.
Main Volunteer Responsibilities
The general role for the volunteers is to assist onsite with delegates, help answer delegate questions about the venue, sessions and their room locations.
- Two volunteers will be assigned to every session; Session responsibilities include being at the door of the session 10 minutes before the session starts to welcome delegates and help direct them to the correct session rooms
- Ensure the room is correctly set up and water jugs are full (venue staff will have done this, prior to the sessions commencing)
- Ensure the Session Chair is present and let them know that you are there to assist them if required (handouts of printed material etc.)
- Remain at the back of the room to assist with any latecomers and so that the events team can contact you easily if required
- In the event of a technical problem with presentations, audio visual contact in the onsite Speakers Support Centre
- If assigned to the registration desk, hand out name tags and satchels to delegates
- Complimentary Conference registration which includes; morning and afternoon teas and lunch throughout the conference
- When not required to assist with the conference program, the opportunity to sit in on sessions
- The opportunity to network and make contacts for your future profession
- Letter of participation post-conference.