Most universities and higher education providers require an APS assessment of psychology qualifications to apply for entry to an APAC accredited course in psychology.
Students seeking to apply for APAC accredited postgraduate psychology programs will only require an assessment conducted by the APS.
Students applying for accredited postgraduate psychology programs do NOT need an assessment from the Psychology Board of Australia.
Students will however need to apply for provisional registration with the Psychology Board of Australia.
English language proficiency requirements
While the APS does not require evidence of English Language proficiency for assessments for the purposes of course entry, it is advisable that you check with the institution(s) to which you are interested in applying regarding their specific English language proficiency requirements.
APS assessment application and fees
Entry to an Australian tertiary course in psychology
1 June 2017 - 31 May 2018
Assessment Fee - $760.00 (GST free)
The completed application should be submitted via post to Assessments at the APS National Office
How long does an assessment take?
Assessing qualifications is a complex process. The approximate processing time is eight weeks. The processing time may exceed eight weeks depending on the complexity of an individual's application and whether all the necessary documents have been provided.
What information do I need to provide?
In order to assess an individual's qualifications the APS requires a completed assessment of psychology qualifications application form and certified copies of relevant documentation.
For information about what documents to include with your application form, appropriate certification, and appropriate translation of documents, please see the Guidelines and Procedures document attached to each application form.
Required documents include:
- Originally certified copies of transcripts and degree certificates (also called a diploma or testamur) for all undergraduate and postgraduate qualifications in psychology
- Originally certified copies of thesis/major research project/dissertation extracts (i.e. title or cover page, abstract, and table of contents, where applicable)
- Originally certified copy of evidence of membership of psychology organisation(s) (if applicable)
- Originally certified copy of evidence of licensure/registration as a psychologist (if applicable)
- Originally certified copy of a marriage certificate or change of name documentation (if applicable)
Please note that any documentation submitted for an assessment of psychology qualifications by the APS will not be returned. Accordingly, it is advisable that you submit certified photocopies of original documents, rather than submitting the originals to the APS.
Please note that the APS requires originally certified copies of required documents – a copy of a certified document is not valid. Please see the frequently asked questions for further information on certification of documents.