The College of Clinical Psychologists (Vic) Significant Contribution Award is granted annually to a member of the Victorian section of the APS College of Clinical Psychologists who has made a significant contribution to clinical psychology in Victoria. The Award seeks to promote and encourage excellence in clinical psychology and to reward and encourage clinical psychologists for their substantial contribution in the areas of assessment and treatment, education, research, community education, training / supervision, mentoring, advocacy and / or service development.
Administration of the Award
- The Victorian Section of the College of Clinical Psychologists is responsible for administering the Award and for funding of the Award.
- The Victorian Section of the College of Clinical Psychologists will appoint a Selection Committee including the State Section Chair of the APS College of Clinical Psychologists, two members of the Victorian Section Committee of the College of Clinical Psychologists, and one Clinical College Member nominated by the Section Chair of the College of Clinical Psychologists, to be responsible for recommending an appropriate recipient for subsequent approval by the APS Board of Directors.
- Once the winner has been approved by the APS Board, the Award will be presented at the following Annual General Meeting of the Victorian Section of the APS College of Clinical Psychologists and the prize winner will be invited to make a brief presentation at that meeting on their clinical psychology work / research or on another topic relevant to their work in clinical psychology.
Nominees must hold at least the grade of Member of the APS and the grade of Member of Academic Member of the College of Clinical Psychologists (Vic Section).
- The Victorian Section of the APS College of Clinical Psychologists will seek nominations from its Victorian members in a bulk email.
- Nominations will be forwarded to APS Member Groups Administrator (Colleges) at the National Office.
In judging the nominations for the award, the selection committee will consider the substantial contribution to clinical psychology in the areas of:
- Assessment and treatment
- Community education
- Training / supervision
- Advocacy; and / or
- Service development
Value of the Award
Successful candidates for the Award will:
- Be presented with a certificate
- Receive an award of funding up to the value of $1,500 for expenses related to attendance at an APS Clinical College Conference or an APS National Conference.
Nominations close 31 July each year.
Please send nominations to:
APS Member Groups Administrator (Colleges)
Australian Psychological Society
PO Box 38
Flinders Lane Vic 8009
||Anthony M Cichello