You can attend this single course offering 21 hours CPD.
Or you can attend as part of the Practitioner of Applied Mindfulness Certification, Level 1 program.
Embody mindfulness and experience how it can transform your life.
Mindfulness helps us answer that deep inner call for peace of mind, clarity, and self compassion. It also helps us to be creative, decisive, energetic and fulfilled
Our sense of inner peace and fulfilment is very much determined by our own thoughts, beliefs, feelings, actions and the habits we have. Neuroscience shows us that the subtle inner conflicts we experience operate under the level of awareness and generate a background of unease in the nervous system. … Stress! It’s often not until the inner conflicts become louder and enter our awareness through pain, distress, depression, anxiety, panic etc, that we realise the strategies we are using habitually, are not working for us.
As a person in a position of influence, you probably want to be calm and clear in yourself, and want to help others to do the same. This practical Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Training (MBCT) combines the heart and self-acceptance of mindfulness meditation, with the knowledge from neuroscience, the clarity of Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, and the potential of Positive Psychology.
Whether you are a complete beginner, or an expereinced practitioner you can learn what mindfulness is, and what it isn't, and how to bring that into your professional life. You can learn to be present, sharpen your focus, gain deeper insight, and be kinder to yourself in day-to-day living. And teach these tools to your clients.
Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Training (MBCT) is based on, and extends, the state of the art Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy taught globally for managing stress, anxiety, depression, pain and ill health. Recommended the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (UK) as a treatment of choice for depression there is an ever increasing body of research showing that mindfulness training is a prophylactic for stress, improves mood, working memory, enhances the neuro-plasticity of the brain, and cultivates self compassion. (The advisory journal for the Joint Chiefs of Staff, US Defence Force).
Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Training (MBCT) incorporates elements of Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), and Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) to aid conceptual understanding and give you more tools for yourself and those you work with. This experiential course flows between mindfulness meditations, exercises, teaching and discussion. You will learn a range of formal and informal mindfulness meditations giving you the skills to quieten the chatter of the mind, be more accepting and happy, and able to make wiser decisions.
Who is this for?
- Health professionals who want to be mindful and productive in their personal and professional relationships
- Professionals who want to teach these skills to their clients
- Complete beginners through to very experienced practitioners and meditators
During the course, you will:
- Learn why mindfulness has become so significant in health, education and leadership
- Experience what mindfulness is, and what it is not
- Experience a range of different mindfulness meditations
- Learn a range of mindfulness exercises for self awareness
- Learn what it means to be fully present in the here and now, how that alleviates stress, and how to achieve that
- Learn how to identify unhelpful patterns of behaviour in yourself and others without feeling judged
- Learn to be less judgmental, and more self-accepting and kind to yourself and others
- Discover how coming into the senses helps with depression, anxiety, pain, and unpleasant emotions
- Develop new ways to respond to unwanted thoughts and feelings, including judgments and criticism
- Learn what it takes to develop stability of mind and a peaceful heart
By the end of this course, you will:
- Know what mindfulness is, and where and why you would use it
- Really understand the breadth of mindfulness skills you now have for yourself and with others
- Understand how mindfulness cultivates self – compassion, openness, curiosity and empathy
- Feel rejuvenated yourself with increased self-awareness, balance and confidence
- Know what tools will help you stay focused on what matters, directed and present, even when others are not
- Be more accepted, accepting, and engaged, more inclince to act rather than react under pressure
- Understand how practising mindfulness requires discipline and enables discipline
- Know how to use mindfulness to manage challenges
- Understand how mindfulness and kindness are synonymous, and what difference that makes
- Have tools to prevent overwhelm and burn-out
- Be able to generate more calm and peacefulness in your daily life
- Understand how cultivating mindfulness can transform lives
This course changes forever how we see the workings of our own mind, and our own habits
Just as we can read about a song, or a piece of music, but not know it until we experience it with our own senses, so too with mindfulness training. Experiencing mindfulness is the only way to learn mindfulness, and, like most skills, mindfulness improves with practice, which is why many participants return to deepen their knowledge.
Courses Running Across Australia
- - Three days, 10am-6pm
- - Morning and afternoon refreshments provided
- - Lunch break is one hour
Course Numbers: are strictly limited to enable a small group setting and a true focus on interactive, experiential teaching and learning.
Includes: teaching, experiential exercises, discussion, cognitive maps, short meditations, new perspectives on relationship dynamics, workbook, and free meditation CD.
You may want to attend on of the other courses or retreats in the three Certifications Programs
Practitioner of Applied Mindfulness Certification:
- Mindful Relationships - 3-day intensive
- Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Training MBCT - 3-day intensive
- Mindful Leadership - 3-day intensive
Master Practitioner of Applied Mindfulness Certification:
- Slient Retreat - 5-day residential
- Leaderhsip Tango Retreat - 5-day residential
International Trainer of Applied Mindfulness Certification:
- Mindfulness Adventure Retreat - 10 day retreat in South Island New Zealand
Go to: www.theaiam.com.au