This is the first step in learning Gottman Method Therapy! A truly inspiring workshop, Level 1 training will give you new insight into couples’ struggles using research-based assessments and effective interventions.
As a result of taking this Training you will learn:
- How couples really sustain their marriages –in contrast to common myths and misconceptions.
- How the quality of relationships affects the immune system, physical health and well-being.
- How marital problems change over time, but never go away–even in happy couples.
- Proven strategies and tools to help couples successfully manage conflict
- Skills that empower partners to dialogue about their worst gridlocked issues
- Approaches for multiple presenting co-morbidities including incest, the effects of poverty, PTSD and infidelity
- Methods to help couples process their fights and heal their hurts
- Techniques for couples to deepen their intimacy and minimize relapse
You will receive: A 300-page Manual featuring new relationship assessment questionnaires and clinical interventions that you can use immediately with your clients.
CPD: This training represents 12 CPD hours.
Who is this training for?
Participants working in the following fields will benefit from our training:
- Mental health providers
- Allied professionals and clergy
- Students and interns
- Family clinic staff
- Professors/teachers of couples therapy
- Researchers in the social sciences
- Employee assistance professionals
About the presenter(s)
Trish is a Clinical Psychologist, Senior Certified Gottman Marital Therapist, Master Trainer and Consultant. In addition, Trish has 35 years experience working in government, public and private organisations including private practice since 1997. During this time Trish has accumulated thousands of hours working with couples and individuals within the therapeutic setting where she has focused on seeing couples with co-morbid psychological conditions especially trauma, bi-polar disorder and other mood disorders.
John is a Mental Health Accredited Social Worker, Certified Gottman Therapist and Presenter for the Level 1 Therapist Training and the Art and Science of Love Couples Workshop. Since completing his Bachelor of Social Work in 1988 and later a Masters in Gestalt Therapy, John has had an extensive history in direct service delivery with couples, families and young people, as well as in organisational development and training. He has developed a practice that utilises a range of experiential therapies combining these approaches in his work style.
On website, click "More information" select the city where you want to attend and then click "Register"