Deepen your understanding of Gottman Method Couples Therapy… Expand your strategies & interventions with couples!
NOTE: You must have completed Gottman Level 1 Professional Training or Home Study Program before attending Level 2.
Professional Development & Practical Immersion:
- Take part in interactive presentations.
- Practice using Gottman Interventions in group role-plays; Receive personalized, supportive coaching from Dr. William Bumberry, Gottman Therapists, and Certified Gottman Trainers
- View new demonstration films from the Gottmans’ clinical office
- Participate in extensive discussions with Senior Certified Gottman Therapists and clinicians from around the world.
- Refine your clinical skills and expand your strategies and interventions in your work with couples
- Learn to internalize and integrate the powerful, research-based Gottman Method Assessment and Intervention techniques.
- Gain insight as to when to use these methods and when couples therapy is contraindicated.
- Engage in vital dialogue regarding Gottman Couples Therapy.
- Gain confidence in using the techniques through personal immersion
Participants will be able to:
- Assess a couple’s “Friendship Profile,” “Conflict Profile,” and “Shared Meanings Profile”
- Develop interventions that couples can use as antidotes to the “Four Horsemen”
- Help couples to soothe physiological flooding
- Apply six modes of changing the “Attack/Defend System” in a couple’s interactions
- Assist couples in establishing dialogue about their grid-locked conflicts
- Select and implement interventions to help couples deepen their “Friendship System” with rituals of connection
- Select and implement interventions to help couples create a shared system of values and meaning
- Identify and implement five different co-morbidities common to couples using Gottman Assessments and Interventions
Who is this workshop for?
Participants working in the following fields will benefit from our training: Mental health providers, Allied professionals and clergy, Students and interns, Family clinic staff, Professors/teachers of couples therapy, Researchers in the social sciences, Employee assistance professionals
About the presenter(s)
Trish is a Clinical Psychologist, Senior Certified Gottman Marital Therapist, Master Trainer and Consultant. In addition, Trish has 35 years experience working in government, public and private organisations including private practice since 1997. During this time Trish has accumulated thousands of hours working with couples and individuals within the therapeutic setting where she has focused on seeing couples with co-morbid psychological conditions especially trauma, bi-polar disorder and other mood disorders.
On website, select workshop, click on "More information", click on desired city, and click on "Register"