Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) is a mindfulness-based therapy, developed specifically for the treatment of Borderline Personality Disorder. Our workshop aims to train clinicians in the skills required to deliver DBT skills in a group or individual therapy context.
The 2 day training course covers:
* Understanding Borderline Personality Disorder,
* The development of DBT,
* Broader application of DBT skills,
* Understanding the structure of a DBT program,
* Practical and thorough training in the 4 DBT skills sets including:
o Core Mindfulness Skills (as taught specifically in a DBT context)
o Interpersonal Effectiveness Skills
o Emotion Regulation Skills
o Distress Tolerance
* Establishing appropriate therapeutic goals, boundaries and responsibilities,
* Managing therapeutic process,
* The importance of self-care in working in the DBT context.
Your presenter for the 2 days of this course is Emma Spencer. Emma is a mindfulness-based clinician who trained in DBT over 10 years ago through Behavioral Tech. Emma's experience in DBT is vast having facilitated DBT groups, practised as an individual therapist working in a DBT group context, has managed DBT programs in both in-patient and outpatient settings with both adolescents and adults, as well as having developed DBT programs for in-patient and outpatient
settings. Emma is a dynamic and inspired presenter who has experience training in clinical and corporate settings. She is passionate about supporting her colleagues to develop proficiency and confidence in the topics she is presenting.