Image: Dr Judith Gullifer, Head of APS Institute
The APS is committed to ongoing education and training for psychology practitioners at all career stages and locales, to ensure the Australian community has access to a highly skilled psychology workforce.
As the training arm of the APS, the APS Institute designs, develops and promotes psychology education and training for continuing professional development in practice domains. This education and training is delivered through different modalities: face-to-face workshops, webinars and online instruction.
The range of options enable access to quality education and training for practitioners working in rural and remote locations or who are constrained by the amount of time available for further training.
The primary objectives of the APS Institute are to:
- Consolidate and expand online education and training options
- Expand and ensure quality assurance of workshops in collaboration with APS Constituent Units (Branches, Colleges, Interest Groups)
- Deliver professional development on key themes via webinar technology
- Develop Practice Certificates of advanced and refresher training in psychology practice domains
- Expand opportunities for supervisor training to prepare interns for general registration and registrars for full endorsement
Governance of the APS Institute
The Board of Studies of the APS Institute is committed to maintaining and promoting good governance practices and high quality professional psychological education and training for psychology and cognate professions.
The APS Institute Board of Studies policy
The APS Institute’s inaugural Board of Studies membership
Current APS Institute programs