The APS can help students and graduates get their career started on the right foot by delivering insights from leaders in the profession, opening doors to enable valuable contacts to be made, and by providing access to practical resources to supplement academic education.
By joining the APS you can make use of the expertise of psychologists already established in the fields that interest you. You will also be demonstrating your commitment to the discipline and profession of psychology, a step that will be highly regarded when you apply for postgraduate placements, internships, supervised placements and employment.
APS membership also provides exclusive benefits that can support you throughout study, internships and as you begin building a successful career, including:
- Networking and knowledge-sharing opportunities within a 23,000-strong community of APS members, including those in the local area in which you live
- An insider's view into the latest developments in the discipline and practice of psychology
- Accurate and timely updates on changes to education, training and registration requirements - all in one place
- Representation by a politically-active professional organisation that can help influence the future direction of psychology
- Insights from leaders across this diverse profession
- Access to practical resources to supplement your academic education
- Access to guidance and support during internships and paid employment
For more information, see: