The APS Workplace Excellence Award in Workplace Health, Safety and Wellbeing aims to celebrate excellence in the application of psychology in the area of health, safety and wellbeing of employees by organisations or individuals in the workplace.
- The APS College of Organisational Psychologists is responsible for administering the Award.
- The National Committee for the APS College of Organisational Psychologists will appoint a selection committee of at least three (3) members to be responsible for selecting an appropriate Award winner.
- The Selection Committee will be comprised of at least two Members fo the APS College of Organisationa Psychologists (one of whom will lead the Selection Committee) and may include a relevant Award-topic expert.
- The Award will be presented annually at an APS event.
- Eligible candidates for the Award can be Commercial, Not-for-Profit, non-Government, or Government-funded organisations who operate a business in Australia.
- This Award in Workplace Health, Safety and Wellbeing is recommended for organisations or individuals who have shown outstanding strategies and initiatives promoting the health, safety and wellbeing of employees in the workplace.
Eligible applications must present the following information through the online submission form listed on the Workplace Excellence Awards website by the due date:
- Summary of up to 150 words describing the program or intervention and its outcomes.
- A Report of up to 2,000 words detailing:
- The issue
- The intervention
- The outcome of the intervention in terms of the issue
- How the key outcomes contributed value to the organisation
The Report should address the Award criteria. It may contain up to three links to video or web references. It should be saved in PDF.
- Contact details and the role/position of the individual submitting the application on behalf of the organisation.
- A short profile of up to 50 words about the organisation.
- A signed statement of approval by a duly authorised representative of the organisation for the submission of the Award application.
The Award in Workplace Health, Safety and Wellbeing recognises outstanding strategies and initiatives promoting the health, safety and wellbeing of employees in the workplace. It may include those organisations who have worked to improve understanding, awareness and the general health and mental health of the workforce and wide community.Applications must show:
- Innovation in design and application
- Utilisation of psychological knowledge
- Impact on the organisation
- Utilisation of a combination of biological, psychological and social factors to determine organisational needs
- Significant improvements in the health, safety and wellbeing of the workforce
Value of the award
The winning organisation of the APS Workplace Excellence Award in Workplace Health, Safety and Wellbeing will receive:
- A certificate identifying the winner of the Award
- Public recognition at an Awards ceremony
- An invitation to attend the Awards ceremony function/event
- Listing of the APS website and the College of Organisational Psychologists webpage
- Other promotional activities as determined by the APS College of Organisational Psychologists in consultation with the APS Board/National Office
An announcement of the opening of the Awards will be through APS email systems and the APS website. The nomination closing date will be approximately eight (8) weeks prior to the date of the Awards presentation.