The ACT Branch 3rd Year Prizes for Studies in Psychology acknowledge excellence in studies in psychology at the University of Canberra and the Australian National University in order to encourage interest and enthusiasm for further studies in psychology and to increase awareness of the Society and its contributions to the development of young psychologists.
- The ACT Branch is responsible for administering the Award and for funding of the Award.
- The ACT Branch committee will arrange for delivery and presentation of the Award.
- Nominees are not required to be members of the Society.
- Nominees must be students completing an APAC accredited undergraduate degree in psychology at the University of Canberra or the Australian National University.
- The Award may only be conferred upon students who have completed their third year of studies in psychology within six (6) months of the date for close of nominations.
- A call for nominations for the ACT Branch 3rd Year Prize for Studies in Psychology will be provided to the Head of School or Department of the University of Canberra and the Australian National University.
- Candidates will be nominated by the Head of School or Department of those institutions.
- Judging will be conducted by the undergraduate course convener at each university and will be based on the highest aggregate mark across all 3rd year psychology units.
- Units completed in 3rd year from other areas of study will not contribute to the mark for the prize.
Value of the award
- A cheque for $250; and
- a certificate; and
- payment for (or reimbursement of) a one year subscription as a student of the Society if they are to progress to study in psychology within the next 12 months.
Closing date to be advised
Additional information can be obtained from:
Member Groups Administrator
Tel: 03 8662 3300